Your Privacy and Security
Ocwen Financial Corporation ("OFC") respects your privacy, and this notice is being provided on its behalf, as well as its subsidiaries and affiliates. PHH Mortgage Corporation, and its subsidiaries and affiliates, (collectively, "PHH Mortgage Corporation Family", "Our", or "We") is a direct subsidiary of OFC, and handles all of the servicing-related activity for your mortgage loan(s), and thus all privacy-related questions or concerns should be sent to its attention. We respect your privacy and are committed to providing a transparent notice of our privacy practices.
PHH Mortgage Corporation primarily offers personal, household or family financial products or services. If you are a consumer or customer of personal, household, or family financial product or service, separate financial privacy notices may apply. Please refer to our financial privacy notices for consumers of personal, household or family financial product or services here.
If you are a California resident and not a consumer or customer of a personal, household, or family financial product or service, please click here.
Click here to make a California Verifiable Consumer Request.
This policy describes the types of information PHH may collect from you offline or when you visit our websites, including MortgageQuestions.com, Ocwen.com and PHHMortgage.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information We collect:
- on this Website;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- when you interact with our employees or associates in person or on the phone, or through our call centers or via mail correspondence;
- as a result of your transactions with us and our affiliates (businesses within the PHH Mortgage Corporation Family);
- when you provide us with information on your loan application or through our loan servicing activities;
- from providers of services to us, such as appraisers, appraisal management companies, real estate brokers, consumer credit reporting agencies; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about you, including:
- Information provided by you, such as name, address, email address, telephone number, social security number, education, employment, financial information, your assets and liabilities, income, username/password, your internet protocol address, and other personally identifying information;
- Information provided by third parties about you, such as credit reporting agencies, appraiser, insurance companies, employers, and real estate broker;
- Information provided by our affiliates, such as your loan approval amount, loan balance, payment history and other loan account information from businesses within the PHH Mortgage Corporation Family; and
- Information collected automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and
How We Use Your Information
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to us:
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to determine your eligibility for financial products that we offer;
- to provide you with notices about your account, including insurance expiration and renewal notices;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services PHH Mortgage Corporation Family offers or provides though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- to work with marketing partners to provide you with products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to provide referrals to our affiliates, subject to our Financial Privacy Notices;
- to report aggregated information to our advertisers and to audit use of the Website;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it and in any other way We may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates, subject to our Financial Privacy Notices;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support our business;
- to retailers and other third parties to market to you, subject to our Financial Privacy Notices;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of PHH Mortgage Corporation Family's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by PHH Mortgage Corporation Family about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent or direction
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government, regulatory, or law enforcement request;
- to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- if We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of PHH Mortgage Corporation Family, our customers, or others (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.)
Aggregated Usage Tracking
Aggregated usage tracking is conducted through the use of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and cookies, as described below. Such information enables us to tailor our content to fit Customers' needs better and to help our advertisers understand our audience. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify an individual.
Use of Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses
An IP address is a unique number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you're surfing the Internet so that your computer can be identified by the main computers known as web servers that "serve up" or display web pages.
For our Former Customers
In the event you cease to be a customer of ours for any reason, we will maintain and disclose your information consistent with the privacy policies and practices that apply to our then-current customers. Please note, however, you will no longer receive annual Privacy Notices once you cease being a customer of ours.
What happens when you link to a third-party site?
You should be aware that when you are on our MQ website you could hyperlink or be directed to other websites that are beyond our control and/or outside our service. For example, if you "click" on a banner advertisement, the "click" may transfer you off the MQ website. These other websites may include websites of advertisers, sponsors and partners that may use our logo as part of a co-branding agreement. These other websites may send their own cookies to Customers, collect data, or solicit information.
Please keep in mind that whenever you give out information online (for example, via message boards or chat) that information can be collected and used by people you don't know. While we strive to protect our Customers' information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online, and you disclose such information at your own risk.
Consumer Financial Privacy Notice
If you have inquired about or obtained a personal or household financial product or service from PHH Mortgage Corporation Family, please also carefully read PHH Mortgage Corporation Family’s Consumer Financial Privacy Notice that applies to you below to understand how your information is protected. Use the link below specific to your state of residency to view PHH Mortgage Corporation Family’s Consumer Financial Privacy Notice.
California Customers: Click here
North Dakota, and Vermont Customers: Click here
All Customers residing in states not listed above: Click here
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information to or on this Website or through any of its features. If We learn We have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact in one of the ways provided in the Contact Information section, below.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
California Privacy Rights
California’s "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
PHH Mortgage Corporation
Attn: CCPA Customer Service
P.O. BOX 24736
West Palm Beach, FL 33416-4736
[PHH Mortgage Corporation Family responds to Do Not Sell Opt-Out requests as disclosed in the section "What we Sell and Right to Opt-Out." Otherwise, PHH Mortgage Corporation Family does not respond to Web browser "do not track" signals or other mechanisms.]
[Other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your activities over time and across different Web sites when a consumer uses our Web site or service.]
Attn: Customer Service